St Chad’s C of E Primary School MFL curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils are able to :
- Develop a genuine interest and curiosity about the wider world, acquiring knowledge about the language, culture and traditions of French speaking countries.
- For children to understand and respond to spoken and written language from a variety of sources.
- Foster a sense of belonging to the global community and how language learning contributes to this goal.
- Explore ways to learn about different global issues through the use of cross curricular links to history, geography, art, music and PSHE.
- Provide new language skills to all KS2 pupils in one language (French)
- Have a secure foundation in French, which every child leaving St Chad's can then build on further, as they move on to secondary school.